Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Frustration moment for Gerrard

De KopLiverpool captain, Steven Gerrard, was frustrated with his lengthy injuries. He even had time to think the injury would end his professional career.

"Naturally, if you have any doubts. Different things would get into your mind from time to time," said Gerrard as reported by SkySports.

Gerrard's groin injury suffered in March. He had to undergo surgery to heal this injury. After six months of lying, the 31 year-old can finally get back to playing as a starter at his club against Manchester United last weekend.

"When I hurt, I knew this would be one serious injury. This is something unusual for me. I admit that my spirit had dropped to its lowest point as a footballer," he explained.

Before undergoing surgery, Gerrard has been trying to practice by injecting painkillers into his body. However, this did not help. "I know, it's not true. I put my body in gambling. But that's not the real me and I'm not a player I want," he said.


"You can only do so in a certain amount of time before you give up your body. When that happened, I was sad and it took a longtime before I could re-think positive. Maybe just a few weeks aftersurgery, I began to really think positively again."

"No doubt about it, the last six months has been the hardestmoment in my career," added Gerrard.

This Saturday Oct 22, 2011 the Reds will facing Norwich City at the Anfield. A three points against promotion club would be a must for Dalglish' boys to show their strong character as Premier league title contender. Liverpool so far didn't manage well enough to settle three points against mediocre team. They lost to Stoke City and draw with Sunderland have made Liverpool still in a bubbling team in term of giant teams.

Gerrard will be much a point of figure in the next Liverpool match. After come back from injury, Gerrard is expected to lead the teams to a more capacity in attacking role, as he had the ability of well directed pass and long-shot. This would enrich the midfield side as Charlie Adam has the same ability in the field. The two players should provided tremendous pass for Suarez or Kuyt in front.